HGV Technician Peterborough Nights
HGV Technician – VMU Fleet
4 on 4 off – 18:00 – 06:00 (more hours available)
Are you an experienced HGV Technician looking to take the next step in your career?
We have an exciting opportunity working on a busy VMU fleet.
The Fleet consists of Mercedes Trucks, MAN Trucks and a variety of Trailers
Working on a 4 on 4 off Night shift pattern, minimum of 12-hours available.
You’ll be able to increase your pay as you gain more experience and develop your skills while working.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintaining Mercedes Trucks, MAN Trucks and a Variety of Trailers
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair, and installation
- Welding and metal working (if authorised & qualified)
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment (if authorised)
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (when suitably qualified)
- Take charge for parts ordering and stores management
- required to substitute Carry out inspection and repair of workshop equipment as directed
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- Health and safety at work and workshop cleanliness is of paramount importance
Skills & Experience
- Time served experience or Level 3 qualified.
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated and a productive Technician
- Ability to tackle all aspects of repair and servicing
- Diagnostics skills/qualifications – desirable
- Fleet experience is preferable but not essential
What’s on offer
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Annual leave package
- Free MOT’s
- High street/online street shopping
- Supermarket shopping
- 25% off fuel
- Family days out
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Long service awards
- Reward & Recognition Programme
- Company funded BUPA health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Eye Tests/Prescription safety glasses vouchers
- Workplace loans and savings
- Pension support and guidance
- Opportunities for development and training
- Be part of an ambitious and growing organisation
So, if this sounds like you and you like what we’re offering, then apply below!
If you require any further information about the role, please call Mitch on 07767 155 179