We Are Hiring Technicians and Engineers UK Wide – Apply Now
Benefits Of Being A Contractor
- Continuous work and Job security
- Higher rates of pay
- Flexibility of working pattern
- Be your own boss
- Excel support 24/7
- Weekly wage payments
- Manufacturers and Industry training
Types Of Contractor We're Looking For
- HGV Technician
- PSV Engineer
- Trailer Fitter
- Van Technician
- Auto Electrician
- MOT Tester
- Light Vehicle Technician
Type Of Work Undertaken
- Major Unit Changes for Operators & Manufacturers
- Shift Cover for Dealerships, Fleet Operators & Manufacturers
- Campaign Work for Fleet Operators & Manufacturers
- Inspections and PDI’s for Prep Centers, Dealerships & Manufacturers
- Shift Supervision and Management for Fleet Operators
- Diagnostic Work for Fleet Operators & Manufacturers
- Fixed price work for Fleet Operators & Manufacturers
Why Choose Excel?
When choosing Excel Resourcing you are guaranteed the following as a contract engineer:
- 100% commitment & honesty
- Regular work, week in week out
- Manufacturers training
- You get paid what you are worth
- Automotive industry knowledge & connnections
- Flexibility in working pattern
Frequently Asked Questions
How do Excel Resourcing Contractors get paid?
At the end of every week (if less than a week then at the end of your placement) submit your timesheet showing all the hours you have worked. This has to be approved and signed by your Excel manager. Your timesheet has to be with Excel Resourcing before 9 am on Monday morning.
As long as the timesheet is received on time, and all is approved, then you will be paid on the Friday of the same week.
When starting with Excel Resourcing, you will be asked how you wish your wages to be paid.
There are two options:
• Via an umbrella payment company
• Via your limited business.
Excel Resourcing welcomes the registration of contractors that are working as a limited business. We must have copies of all of your limited companies documentation, you’ll be be asked to register your details with an umbrella company, who manage our payroll, and submit your invoices directly to them.
This means you will be paid the full amount of your wages paid directly into your business bank account.
As a limited business, you can expect to take home 75-80% of your pay on a contract, compared to 60-65% via an umbrella payment company. If you are solely a vehicle technician with no MOT tester license, we encourage you to work with us via a limited business.
I have penalty points on my MOT testing history?
If I choose to can I just freelance at weekends/during my holidays?